GA tracking code

2012-04-25

薄瓜瓜在哈佛大学发表的声明(中英对照)

英文版:
Harvard Kennedy School student Bo Guagua corresponded with Crimson staff
writers Hana N. Rouse and Justin C. Worland on Tuesday via his Kennedy
School and Google email accounts and sent The Crimson a statement, which is
published verbatim below.

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently, there has been increasing attention from the press on my private
life. As a result of these speculations, I feel responsible to the public to
provide an account of the facts. I am deeply concerned about the events
surrounding my family, but I have no comments to make regarding the ongoing
investigation. It is impossible to address all of the rumours and
allegations about myself, but I will state the facts regarding some of the
most pertinent claims.

Facts:

• My tuition and living expenses at Harrow School, University of
Oxford and Harvard University were funded exclusively by two sources—
scholarships earned independently, and my mother’s generosity from the
savings she earned from her years as a successful lawyer and writer.

• My examination records have been solid throughout my schooling years
. In the British public examination of GCSEs, which I completed at the age
of 16, I achieved 11 ‘A Stars,’ whereas the necessary requirement is no
more than 9 and ‘A’ grades are considered good marks. I also earned
straight A’s for both AS level and A-level Examinations at the ages of 17
and 18, respectively.

• At the University of Oxford, I studied Politics, Philosophy and
Economics. I was a ‘tripartite’, being enrolled in all three subjects,
rather than dropping one in the second year, as is the norm. Upon graduating
, I earned a 2:1 degree (Second Class, First Honours) overall and achieved a
First in Philosophy.

• During my time at Oxford, it is true that I participated in ‘Bops,
’ a type of common Oxford social event, many of which are themed. These
events are a regular feature of social life at Oxford and most students take
part in these college-wide activities.

• Like many other university students, I also devoted time and energy
to extra-curricular activities. For example, I debated in the Oxford Union
and served as president of the Politics, Philosophy and Economics Society.
These extra-curricular activities enabled me to broaden my perspective,
serve the student community, and experience all that Oxford has to offer. I
am proud to have been the first mainland Chinese student to be elected to
the Standing Committee of the Oxford Union, and I truly value the close
friendships I formed with my fellow students.

• I have never lent my name to nor participated in any for-profit
business or venture, in China or abroad. However, I have been involved in
developing a not-for-profit social networking website in China, the aim of
which is to assist NGOs in raising awareness of their social missions and
connecting with volunteers. This initiative has been based out of the
Harvard Innovation Lab, with the participation of fellow students and
friends. The project remains in the development stage and is not live.

• I have never driven a Ferrari. I have also not been to the U.S.
Embassy in Beijing since 1998 (when I obtained a previous U.S. Visa), nor
have I ever been to the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence in China. Even my
student Visas were issued by the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu, which is closer
to my home of five years.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank my teachers,
friends and classmates for their support during this difficult time. In
particular, I wish to thank the Harvard Kennedy School for the support it
has extended to me as a member of its community. I understand that at the
present, the public interest in my life has not diminished. However, I
wholeheartedly request that members of the press kindly refrain from
intruding into the lives of my teachers, friends and classmates.

Faithfully,

Guagua Bo



—Staff writer Hana N. Rouse can be reached at hrouse@college.harvard.edu

—Staff writer Justin C. Worland can be reached at jworland@college.harvard.
edu.

中文版:

各位:

最近,有来自媒体对我的私生活持续增加的关注。作为这些猜测的结果,我感到有必要
给公众提供一些事实。我深深的关注围绕我家庭发生的事件,但是我对于正在进行的调
查没有置评。不可能去回应所有的谣言和对我的指控,但是我将陈述一些最重要指摘的
事实。

事实:

-我在哈罗公学,牛津大学和哈佛大学的学费和生活费是由两个来源资助—独立获得的
奖学金和我母亲的慷慨解囊,后者来自她多年作为一个成功律师和作家的积蓄。

-我的考试成绩在我的在校期间一直都很扎实。我在16岁就完成英国公共考试GCSE,我
获得11个A星,而必须的要求是不超过九门功课获得A就认为是好分数。我在17岁和1
8岁时参加的AS水平和A级考试分别也获得A。

-在牛津大学,我学习政治,哲学和经济。我属于“三方”(tripartite)
学生,学习所有三门学科。我没有像通常情况那样在第二年放弃某一门。在毕业的时候
,我总体上获得2:1学位(二等一级荣誉),并获得哲学的一等学位。

-在我在牛津学习期间,的确我参加了“Bops”,一种普通的牛津社交活动,许多
活动是有主题的。这些活动是牛津社交生活的一种常规特别活动,大多数学生参加这些
大学流行的活动。

-就像许多其他大学学生,我也投入时间和精力到校外活动。比如,我参加牛津联合会
的辩论,担任政治哲学和经济协会主席。这些校外活动使得我扩展视野,服务学生社区
,并经历牛津大学给予的一切。我很自豪成为被选为牛津联合会常委的第一个中国大陆
学生。我真的珍惜我和我的同学之间形成的亲密友谊。

-我从未借用我的名字给他人,也没有参与任何盈利性企业,无论在中国还是国外。但
是,我在中国曾参与开发非营利社交网站,旨在帮助NGO(非政府组织)提高他们的
社会使命认知并和志愿者连接。这些活动都是源于哈佛创新实验室,有我的同学和朋友
共同参与。这些项目仍然在开发阶段,并未启动。

-我从未驾驶法拉利。自从1998年之后我从未去过美国驻华大使馆(当时我去拿我的美
国签证),我也从未到过美国大使在中国的住所。即使我的学生签证也是由美国驻成都
大使馆发放,那里离我住过五年的家是最近的。

我希望借用这个机会衷心感谢我的老师,朋友和同学,对于他们在我此刻困难时候给予
的支持。特别是,我希望感谢哈佛肯尼迪学校,给予作为这个社区一员的我的支持。我
理解目前,公众对于我生活的关注还没有减少。但是,我衷心请求媒体成员们,请不要
侵犯我的老师,朋友和同学的生活。

1 条评论:

  1. 我草,你们纠缠几万美元奖学金的,是不是有病啊?有病得治啊

    我更想知道的是为什么温云松能控制几百亿的私募,能开个公司被李泽楷高价
    收购,能入主掌握中国卫通这个160亿年营业额的国企。

    回复删除